This website is designed to provide information to our clients about the products and services we offer in our veterinary hospital. We also provide generalised information for pet owners including generalised advice and guidance centred around pet care. Additionally we provide a contact form which will require you to provide some personal details.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we collect that personal information
- How we use that personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep the personal information
- Measures undertaken to protect personal information you provide
- Your choices in relation to your personal information
We last updated this Privacy Statement on April 15th 2019.
Personal Information we process about you
We may collect the following information through your use of our website:
- Your name and address
- Your contact number(s)
- Your email address
- Your Pets Details
- Payment Information
- Information about your use of the website (eg. what you have read)
Personal Information you give us:
Registering with us
If you wish for us to treat your pet you must register your details with us in order to set up an account
Booking an appointment
If you book an appointment for your pet to see us, we will collect personal information from you so we can register you and your pet for an appointment
Using our contact form/email contact
We collect personal information from you if you contact us via our contact forms or email link.
Log in via Facebook/Google
If you follow a link from our website to log in via Facebook/Google then that website will provide us with personal information but you will be asked what information you consent for us to receive and will be given the opportunity to edit the information you provide to us
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you use the Website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- IP addresses (the name and internet address your device uses to identify itself to us)
- Your activity including dates and times of visits to the website
- Information on your location
- Other websites you may have visited
How we use your personal information
Our legal basis for using your information
The law allows us to use your personal information only in certain limited circumstances. We will most commonly process your personal information:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you (e.g. when you have asked us to treat your pet)
- Where we need to comply with legal obligations (e.g. insurance)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests(or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where you have consented to us using your personal information
What this means in practice
Any personal information that you give to us may be used in the following ways:
- to allow us to register you and your pet(s) to enable us to provide veterinary services to you
- to provide you and your pet with an appointment
- to answer any queries you may put to us
- to contact you with information about your pets health
- to keep a record of your pets health
- to administer medication to your pet
- to process your payments
- to deal with any insurance claims
- to contact your insurance company
- to contact another practice or veterinary establishment if your pet requires further treatment
- to contact you with information about services or products similar to those which you have availed of previously unless you direct us otherwise
- to detect and prevent fraud
- to inform you about changes to our website and/or software
- to help us improve the website to make it better for all users
If you fail to provide personal information
If you choose not to or fail to provide certain information when requested, we may be unable to perform the intended contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Sharing your personal information
Our Business Partners
We may share your information with carefully selected third parties including:
- Other veterinary establishments (we will discuss and seek your consent first)
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
The following organisations are used by us to provide the Website:
- com Limited (www.vethelpdirect.com – provider of our communication services)
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of transferred assets.
- If we are required by law. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and law enforcement agencies.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping Your Personal Information
How we store your personal information
We value your privacy and so the security of your personal information is important to us.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information. Where necessary we use encryption to enhance privacy and prevent security breaches. We use industry standard measures and processes for detecting and reacting to inappropriate attempts to breach our systems.
Personal information you provide will be held within the EEA. If for any reason a transfer of personal information outside the EEA is necessary or requested by you, we will ensure that we enter a data transfer agreement with you as deemed necessary.
All third parties who provide services to the Website are required to sign a contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
All information you provide is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party as stated above.
Retention of Information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary and only for the purposes which we collected it.
As per appropriate data protection legislation we keep documents for a period of seven years.
If you choose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of that information until it is delivered to us.
Access to Information
You have the right to access any information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us using the address provided in the contact us section.
Changing/Deleting your information
You can request at any time to amend or delete the information we hold about you or instruct us not to contact you with further marketing information. You can also ask to restrict the information we process about you.
Right to Prevent Automated Decision Making
You have the right to request that we cease any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any concerns you can contact us at email@example.com.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your persona information is transferred by us to another organisation (data portability). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request and we will efficiently comply with your request as best possible.
If you make a request to us under this privacy statement and you are not satisfied with the response, you can ask for the request to be reviewed through our internal complaints procedure. This procedure allows your request to be reviewed by Sarah Mitchell, MVB and business partner, who will attempt to resolve the issue.
If you have been through internal complaints procedure and are still unhappy, then you have the right to complain to The Veterinary Council of Ireland who can be contacted as follows:
53 Lansdowne Road
Dublin 4 D04 NY29
Tel: +353 (0) 1 668 4402
Changes to our privacy statement
We review our Privacy Statement on a frequent basis to check that it accurately reflects how we deal with your information and make amendments as necessary. You should check this page regularly to see the most up to date information.
How to contact us
We welcome any queries, comments and suggestions regarding this privacy statement which can be sent to email@example.com.