Fertility and Breeding Soundness
Struggling to breed from your stud dog?
We test and certify canine semen on a daily basis. Fertility testing takes much of the uncertainty out of breeding as it can be costly and time consuming to deal with failed matings.
What investigations do you offer?
- Investigation of failed matings to improve fertility at next mating
- Certification of Stud dog fertility
- Semen analysis, health checks and treatment for stud dog infertility
- Blood tests
- Ultrasound scanning
- Semen analysis to assess sperm count and quality
- Bacterial culture.
For bitches we can determine whether they have normal breeding cycles, whether there is infection, uterine or ovarian cysts or whether there are any defects of the reproductive tract. We use the following tools:
- Health checks including detailed discussion of medical history and physical examination
- Progesterone blood testing
- Ultrasound examination of the uterus and ovaries
- Vaginal bacterial culture
- Exploratory laparotomy to assess the uterus and ovaries.
Semen analysis of dog €80
Progesterone blood testing Lab Fee – sent by vet or breeder €37.50
Consultation, vaginal cytology and progesterone blood test €50.00
Ultrasound Scan of Uterus and Ovaries €100
T4/ CTSH Blood test €80 (approx)