At Southview Grooming Parlour we believe that every pet deserves the best. We use only high quality products and pay special attention to nervous animals.
- We provide a fully qualified and professional grooming service from our purpose built grooming studio.
- We can cater for most breeds and crossbreeds to breed standard or custom requirements
- While your dog is with us we will fully shampoo him, blow dry him, clip his nails, clean his ears and pluck them if necessary.
- Customer satisfaction is our priority so we ensure you consult with our Dog Groomer first so she can discuss with you how you want your dog groomed and any other treatments it may need.
- Friendly and reliable advice, with a personal & stress free experience for you and your dog
The Benefits of Grooming Your Pets
- Most importantly your dog will look and feel better
- Grooming is an important part of your dog’s healthcare – regular brushing and combing helps to remove dead hair and dirt from your dogs coat and prevent matting.
- Dogs that are regularly groomed tend to have a healthier and shinier coat because it stimulates the blood supply to the skin.
- Nail trimming is necessary, as long nails can hurt the pet’s pads and make walking a painful experience.
- Cleaning and plucking of the ears is also very important. Animal’s ears are very sensitive, and require gentle care. Cleaning must be done to help prevent ear infections, and promote optimal hearing.
- There are health benefits for your household by reducing dust and coat mites in your house
- Proper grooming will also reduce shedding, helping you keep your home clean, as well as reducing the amount of bacteria that may be carried by your pet.
The final price charged will depend on the actual size of the dog, coat length, degree of matting, time since last groomed and to some extent behaviour.
Please ask for an estimate or quotation prior to grooming when we meet your dog and discuss your exact requirements.
- Small Breeds
Examples include, Chihuahua, West Highland Terrier, Maltese, Shih Tzu, Toy or Teacup Poodle, Miniature Schnauzer, Bichon Frise, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel etc.
- Medium Breeds
Examples include, Wire fox Terrier, Border Collie, Cocker Spaniel, Springer Spaniel, Standard Schnauzer, Miniature Poodle, Beagle etc.
- Large Breeds
Examples include, Collie, Airedale Terrier, Bearded Collie, Golden Retriever, Irish Setter, Long Haired German Shepard, Labrador Retriever, Standard Poodle etc.
- Excess Matt Removal
Where more than approximately 15% of the coat is severely matted is charged extra