Greyhound Medicine and Surgery
There has always been a history and tradition of taking care of Greyhounds at Southview Veterinary Hospital extending back over 50 years. Recently this has been taken a step further with Alan Ahearne, MVB, undertaking a certificate in Canine Sports Medicine.
We provide training to Greyhound owners and breeders through the Irish Greyhound Skillnets and their modular fetac level 5 programme. Southview Veterinary Hospital is involved in track duties with Clonmel Greyhound track. We are also involved the National Coursing Meeting held every February.
- Full comprehensive examinations, assessing any injuries and providing detailed advice on treatments.
- Full detailed haematology and Biochemistry blood testing.
- Orthopaedic Surgery, including bone plating, ligament repair etc.
- Soft tissue surgery including tonsillectomies, wound repair and dental work.
- Fertility Work – We specialise in reproduction work in Greyhounds, including surgical implants and the treatment of both bitches and dogs with fertility problems.
- We stock comprehensive range of Greyhound specific supplements and nutriceuticals.